Sedona Arts Center
“To nurture creativity, learning and sharing through arts education and artistic development”
If you love to explore and be surrounded by art, the Sedona Art Center is the place for you. As the hub of the creative Sedona artist community, they offer new exciting exhibits every month, with artist receptions during 1st Friday Evening in the Galleries, free “Artists Demonstrations”, art workshops and more! This month (February 2012) the Sedona Arts Center is offering two exciting exhibits: “Reflective Light” Exhibition (through February 29th) & “A Sense of Place” – the Field Expeditions Exhibition (through February 15th).
- The “Reflective Light” Exhibition in the Fine Art Gallery features five wonderful artists varying in styles and mediums: Susan Kilewer, Jane Newman, Karen Puckett and Vince Fazio.
- “A Sense of Place” – the Field Expeditions Exhibition taking place in the Special Exhibition Gallery take you across the globe with the works of students and instructors from field expeditions over the past two years both nationally and internationally.”Art gives us the gift of delving in at a deeper level than the mere tourist. Through various mediums we look harder at the details and distill from the experience – images – that become the quintessential and personal memory of that day and of that particular sense of place” – Sedona Arts Center.
There are also still three free “Artist Demonstrations” Taking place this month.
- 02/09/12 – Susan Kliewer (Sculpture, Oil)
Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- 02/11/12 – Vince Fazio (Oil)
Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- 02/16/12 – Jane Newman (Oil)
Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 am
The Sedona Arts Center is located at 15 Art Barn Road in Sedona, Arizona. If you are a guest of our hotel we will be more than happy to bring you to the Arts Center in our free about town Sedona Shuttle. To learn more about all the Arts Center can offer you please vsit the Sedona Arts Center.