Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona
Fall Tours on the Verde Canyon Railroad
Fall is our all time favorite time of year to take a journey on the famous Verde Canyon Railroad. While lowland deserts and pine-clad mountains display few of the wonders of the season, there are hidden places like Verde Canyon where autumn erupts in a glorious, soul-waking spectacle. That dazzling drama is what makes Verde Canyon Railroad’s Fall Tour one of the most popular excursions of the year.
In October and November passengers on the Verde Canyon Railroad are treated to a gentle ride through a high-walled canyon painted in an array of vibrant autumn hues that shimmer and change around every curve in the track. Sightings of deer, javelina, coyote and other species increase this time of year and migratory birds return to the sanctuary of the Verde Canyon. It may be due to cooling temperatures, or maybe the critters just don’t want to miss all the dazzling autumn scenery. Climate-controlled cars feature plush seating and panoramic windows but most passengers choose to spill out onto the open-air viewing cars to revel in the kaleidoscope of colors.
If you are interested in taking this journey of fall wonder on the railroad during your Sedona vacation, we have a Sedona vacation package, “Romancing the Rails”, that will save you money on your stay at our Sedona hotel AND on your tickets! See below for details.
“Romancing the Rails” Sedona Vacation Package
- Save 20% with this Sedona vacation package
- 1 Night at the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona, with additional nights available at a great rate!
- Two First Class Tickets on the Verde Canyon Wilderness Train
- Free Full Hot Breakfast
- Additional nights are available at prevailing rates without amenities of the package
- Packages are priced for two adults.Call our concierge at 800.292.6344 for children or extra adults.
- For more information or to book this package please visit Sedona Vacation Packages