Happy Fourth of July from Sedona, AZ!
All of us at the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona would like to thank all of our guests and visitors for spending your 4th of July with us in the red rocks! Below you will find all of the 4th of July celebrations taking place in Sedona, Arizona and the Verde Valley! Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your holiday!
Firecracker Express at the Verde Canyon Railroad
Vintage Independence Day Celebration
July 4th, 2017 (Clarkdale, AZ)
Barbecue at the railroad depot: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Firecracker Express (Tickets Required): 1:00 pm
The Verde Canyon Railroad kicks off the festivities with an all-American barbecue at the railroad depot on Tuesday, July 4th prior to the 1:00 p.m. train departure of the Firecracker Express. Our nation’s symbol, the bald eagle, leads the route, its visage adorning mighty mid-century American-built locomotives. The painted eagle painted eagles will share the day with a real live version aboard the train. The Firecracker Express proudly welcomes Sonora, a rescued, educational eagle from Liberty Wildlife. Sonora, the only train-riding bald eagle in the world, will visit each open-air car throughout the journey to the delight of passengers and crew alike. For more information or to purchase tickets aboard the train please visit the Verde Canyon Railroad.
• • • • •
4th of July Wet Fest
Swimming Pool, Water Games and tToys
July 4th, 2017 (12:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
Looking for something fun to do in Sedona, AZ during the day on 4th of July? Have a blast at the Sedona Community Pool located at 570 Posse Ground Road! Enjoy lunch and music, a swimming pool and water slide fun all surrounded by the spectacular red rocks. This event is free of charge (food not included). The pool opens at 12:00 pm for free recreation swim and just outside the pool gate will be food for sale and fun water games and toys meant to help you beat the heat. All pool rules apply and a 375 person pool maximum will be enforced. Maximum does not apply to activities outside the pool gate.
- Parking available in the West Sedona School parking lots.
- Water Slides, water toys, slip-n-slide.
- All non-swimmers must be accompanied by and adult in the pool.
- Alcohol and dogs are not permitted.
For more information please visit Sedona Parks and Recreation. If you are a guest of the Inn of Sedona we will be happy to drop you off at this event and pick you up when you are ready to return to the hotel.
• • • • •
Fantastic Family Fourth of July
Cottonwood, AZ – July 4th, 2017
Pre -Show activities start at 4:00 pm, Fireworks at dark
Don’t miss out on all the family fun at the 18th Annual Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza taking place at the Cottonwood kid’s Park in front of the Verde Valley Fairgrounds in Cottonwood, Arizona! The VFW Color Guard will be giving a patriotic salute to veterans. There will be Free Hot Dogs and Hamburgers, a watermelon contest and inflatable rides! Wrist Bands are $10 and individual ride tickets are $1. The Fireworks will start at 8:45 pm and parking is only $1! For more information on this amazing night of fun and fireworks please visit Cottonwood Parks and recreation.
• • • • •
• • • • •
2017 “Summer in Sedona” Hotel Special
- Stay between June 5th and August 27th and save $22 to $43 per night. (July 1st through July 4th not included. Savings vary by room type and date of stay. All room types included, based on availability. Not combinable with other offers or discounts.)
- Must make reservations by phone directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072
- Use Promo code “Summer in Sedona” to receive your special rate!
- Make sure to enjoy all the benefits of staying at our Sedona hotel! We offer our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle and a free full hot breakfast to get your day started off on the right foot!
- Learn More about the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona