Sedona, AZ: Slide Rock State Park
Just in time for summer, Slide Rock State Park has made the Travel Channel’s list of “10 Top Swimming Holes in the United States.” Sedona’s red rocks form the “ultimate water slide.” The channel compiled the list for its new series, “Top Secret Swimming Holes.”
The Perfect Spot to Cool Off in the Red Rocks!
When you are looking for a day of family fun and a break from the Arizona heat during your Sedona summer vacation, Slide Rock State Park is the place for you! Slide Rock State Park, originally the Pendley Homestead, is a 43-acre historic apple farm located in the beautiful Oak Creek Canyon. Visitors to the park can slide down a slick natural water chute or wade and sun along the creek. They also have fifteen open air picnic tables, making it a perfect spot for a summer family fun day! It is important to remember that your picnic should be packed with the knowledge that charcoal fires are permitted in designated grills only. No wood fires allowed in grills. Propane grills and stoves are allowed, so cold cuts and salad would be a great way to go.
Here is a rare look at Slide Rock without a soul in sight by Mike’s Road Trip.
Slide Rock State Park also offers hiking trails. These are short trails that include a nature trail. Our favorite trail happens to be the Pendely Homestead Trail an easy 0.25 mile paved trail. This trail will take you through part of the historic Pendley Homestead and features some of the original apple orchards, Pendley Homestead house, tourist cabins, apple packing barn, various farming implements that were used historically in the homestead, a new orchard of semi-dwarf apple trees, and spectacular views of the canyon walls of Oak Creek Canyon. To learn more about the trails and park please visit Slide Rock State Park.
Park Entrance Fee
Park and Facility Hours
- Before visiting the park please review these Park Rules.
- During summer months Slide Rock experiences extremely high visitation. The parking lot will typically fill up from late morning through early afternoon. A long wait to enter the park may occur, especially on weekends and holidays. When the park reaches capacity a Parking Lot Full sign will be posted at the park’s point of entry. During times of high visitation access to the park is only available from the southbound turn lane. If and when the southbound turn lane fills and begins to encroach the highway, access to the park will be temporarily unavailable.
- ets must be kept on a leash & attended to at all times and Pets are not permitted in the Slide Rock swim area and can not to be left in a vehicle.
- Include sun screen, sunglasses, water(no glass containers permitted), protein snack and a first aid kit in your backpack.
- Anytime you go off hiking in the Red Rocks it is important to let other know where you are going.
• • • • •
2017 “Summer in Sedona” Hotel Special
- Stay between June 5th and August 27th and save $22 to $43 per night. (July 1st through July 4th not included. Savings vary by room type and date of stay. All room types included, based on availability. Not combinable with other offers or discounts.)
- Must make reservations by phone directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072
- Use Promo code “Summer in Sedona” to receive your special rate!
- Make sure to enjoy all the benefits of staying at our Sedona hotel! We offer our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle and a free full hot breakfast to get your day started off on the right foot!
- Learn More about the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona