2015 Sedona Bike & Brew Festival
August 28th – 29th, 2015
Have you heard? The 2015 Sedona Bike & Brew Festival hosted by the Sedona Golf Resort will be taking place this Friday and Saturday, August 28th and 29th! This is not your typical Mountain Bike race course, this one takes place on a golf course! There are divisions for every member of the family to join in on the fun, so yes make sure to sign up your kids! This is a great event to get the whole family out there exercising, spending time together and having some fun in the red rocks!
The 2015 event will kick off Friday, August 28th, with rider registration and then a leisurely group ride so that the racers can see the track for the first time. The 6-mile track will take the riders over all 18 holes, 400 feet of elevation change, 90 acres of fairways, tee boxes, cart paths, natural and man made features. Afterwards, riders can voluntarily participate in a short track race near the Clubhouse while spectators cheer them on. Additionally, the Juniper Bar & Grille, (Sedona Golf Resort’s restaurant) will be hosting dinner along with music and of course cold Brews.
Races will start August 29th at 8:00 am. All levels will be a Lemans style start. ‘Open Division’ will complete two consecutive laps, ‘Sport & Junior’ will be one lap. Racing will conclude with an awards ceremony, music, food, drink and a raffle with tons of swag benefiting the Red Rock Trail Fund (See Below for Itinerary). All riders are required to wear a helmet and sign a waiver. To Register, or for more information on this event, please visit the Sedona Bike & Brew Festival website. Admission for the Adult Men or Women’s division is $75 and up.
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Registration
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Group Ride / Scout the Course
- 5:00 pm – Ladies Short Track Race – (20 minutes + 2 laps) (GA $10 additional – VIP Included)
- 5:30 pm – Mens Short Track Race – (30 minutes + 2 laps) (GA $10 additional – VIP Included)
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Evening Festivities: Music, Beer, Cornhole (GA Food = $15 additional – VIP Included)
- 8:00 am – Junior Division 12 – 7 Years Old (Approx 1/2 Mile)
- Followed by- Junior Division 6 & Under (Approx 300 Yards)
- Followed by – Junior Division 13 – 17 Years Old (1 Lap)
- Followed by – Men’s SPORT Division (1 Lap)
- Followed by – Women’s SPORT Division (1 Lap)
- Followed by – Men’s OPEN Division (2 Laps)
- Followed by Awards Ceremony / Party
• • • • •
All of us here at the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona are looking forward to the Fall season! Along with all the great events and festivals, the weather is close to picture perfect, the town is a buzz with activity, and our guests are out hiking and biking the red rocks!
Fall, in our opinion is also one of the best times to enjoy Out of Africa Park, the Verde Canyon Railroad and tours with Pink Jeep. With that in mind we wanted to highlight our most popular Fall Sedona Vacation Packages, click here to save money at the Inn of Sedona!