24th Annual Cornfest Celebration
July 17th – 18th, 2015
If you love corn, live music, hot air balloons, games and family fun, you will not want to miss the 24th Annual Cornfest taking place in Camp Verde, AZ! (Camp Verde is located only 40 minutes from Sedona, AZ).
For the past 24 years the Camp Verde Cornfest has celebrated the annual sweet corn crop produced on the banks of the Verde River by Hauser Farms. But the Cornfest has always been much more than that. It is a celebration of families and of summer. It is also a celebration of Camp Verde’s rich agricultural history and a celebration of what makes life in a small town so special.
Festivities will take place in downtown Camp Verde from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Friday July 17th and from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm on Saturday July 18th. There will be plenty of fire roasted, hot buttered (if you choose) sweet corn to gnaw on, bags of corn to take home and a long list of lots of corny games and activities for the entire family.
Also on the list of things to do are hot air balloon rides (Saturday at 9:00 am., weather permitting), a craft fair inside the gymnasium, a water slide, Birding excursion (Saturday at 8:00 am. call 480-242-1996 to register) vendors of all kinds, food, live music, a beer garden and an adobe brick making workshop at Fort Verde.
Among the competitive events this year will be the annual Corn Hole contest (singles and doubles) Friday and Saturday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm with cash prizes for the winners and a vintage baseball game at Fort Verde State Historical Park at noon on Saturday.
Out of Africa Wildlife Park will be raffling tickets to the Predator Zip Line and the Town of Camp Verde will be raffling Diamondback tickets at their Focused Future/General Plan public input booth in rooms 206-207. Visit www.campverdepromotions.org for discounts at Out of Africa Wildlife Park, Arizona Offroad Tours, Verde Valley Kayak and Canoe, and local hotels along with additional information, or call 928-301-0922.
Schedule of Events
Friday, July 17
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm Crafter’s Fair & Food & Drink Vendors
- 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm Live Music by Brett Worth (American Idol candidate)
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Live Music by Ray DeSylvester
- 6:00 pm Corn Hole Competition for $$ Prize
- 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm Live Music by Hired Hands
Saturday, July 18
- 8: 00 am – 12:00 pm Verde Valley Farmer’s Market
- 8:00 am Birding Excursion (meet at Rezzonico Family Park: 130 Black Bridge Road, Camp Verde)
- 9:00 am.Adobe Brick-Making at Fort Verde State Historic Park
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am Balloon Rides on soccer field(weather permitting) $$
- 10:00 am – 8:00 pm Crafter’s Fair & Food & Drink Vendors in Gymnasium
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Public Comment: General Plan & Focus Future Rm. 206207 206/207
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm 1933 Rock Jail open on Hollamon Street
- 12:00 pm Vintage Baseball Game at Fort Verde State Historic Park
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Prince & Princess Contest for 3-5 year olds in front of the stage
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Cool off with water gun Capture the Flag game on the soccer field—FREE
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Old-Time Games for kids on the field—FREE
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Live Music by Steve Estes
- 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm Water Slide on the field—$$
- 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Corn Hole Competition for $$ Prize
- 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Live Music by Cheap Sunglasses
Directions from the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona to Camp Verde Cornfest