“Walkin’ on Main” in Cottonwood, AZ
If you are looking for something fun to do during your visit to Sedona, Arizona and the Verde Valley this weekend, you will not want to miss the “Walkin’ on Main” street fair that celebrates Historic 89A and the state of Arizona.
A juried art show presented by the Old Town Frame Company, and art exhibits on the street surrounded by the charming galleries, shops and local restaurants of Old Town Cottonwood fill the streets. Walkin’ on Main also includes wine tasting, historic displays, classic car show and jazz/blues music.
Live music will play throughout the day!
- 11:00 am – 1:30 pm – Keith Okie & Rebel Sol
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Big Nick & the Gila Monsters – the BIG blues band out of Phoenix
- 3:30 pm – 5:00 PM – Dave Riley & Bob Corritore & The Juke Joint Blues Band
Verde Valley winemakers and vineyards will host an outdoor wine tasting on a closed off portion of historic 89A. Cost is $15 and with that each person will receive multiple taste of wine and a glass. Participating wineries and vineyards include: Arizona Stronghold Vineyards, Burning Tree Cellars, Caduceus Cellars, Merkin Vineyards, Page Spring Cellars, Four Eight Wine Works, Winery 101, Fire Mountain Wines, and Pillsbury Wines.
The Mingus Union Art Club will be creating art live before your eyes on the street sidewalks. Rounding out the event will be displays from local historical societies, antique and classic cars organized by the Mingus Union Hot Rod Club, and self-guided historic tours of Old Town Cottonwood provided by the Cottonwood Hotel. Also, on November 11, don’t forget about the Zeke Taylor Barbecue hosted by the Clemenceau Heritage Museum just up the road at Willard Street and Mingus Avenue.
This event will take place on Saturday, November 11th, in Old Town Cottonwood from 11:00 am until 5:00 pm. (see map below for directions to Old Town from our Sedona hotel). If you are considering making this event part of your weekend please visit the “Walkin’ on Main” on Facebook for additional information and updates!
Directions from the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona to Old Town Cottonwood
• • • • •
2017 – 2018 “Winter Wonderful” hotel special at the Inn of Sedona
- This special rate is only available for reservations made for December 1st through December 21st, 2017 and January 5th through 25th, 2018.
- Save $20 to $40 per night.
- Reservations must be made by phone, directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072 or 800.292.6344 and ask for the ‘Winter Wonderful’ rate.
- Our full hot breakfast buffet and our About Town Shuttle are included.
- Warm cider will be available in the lobby to ward off any winter chill.
- Make your reservations now, like snow in Sedona, this offer won’t last long!
- For more information on our Sedona hotel please visit the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona!