National Day of the Cowboy Celebration in Sedona
July 24th – 26th, 2015
Dust off those Cowboy hats, put on those styling cowboy boots and get ready for some family fun in Sedona, Arizona during Sedona’s National Day of the Cowboy Celebration! This Family fun free event will have activities all three days, July 24th – 26th. Enjoy a whole lot of cowboy “goings on”: public opening of cowboy artists exhibit and cowboy music, gunfights, historical re-enactments, cowboy action shooting, roping, bullwhip cracking, outfit contest, storytelling & cowboy poetry, whip-cracking, live country music, and art & trades demonstrations in Uptown Sedona.
Coincidentally this year, Sedona is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the founding of Cowboy Artists of America which took place right here in Uptown Sedona, thanks to Sedona Arts Center. They have arranged activities and the public Grand Opening of a commemorative exhibition on July 24th from 5:00pm – 7:00 pm; the exhibit will continue in the Gallery all weekend.
Western artist demonstrations occur on Saturday
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Margo Mitchell and Mary Lois Brown will each demonstrate their own style of Oil Painting: Margo has a way with horses; Mary Lois is a cowgirl at heart! She loves to paint horses and will be set up outside. Her style is painterly and often depicts these wonderful creatures grazing or playing; and Nori Thorne will show share her Leather Tooling technique on a holster. You can watch as she stamps in her various designs.
- 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm Julie Talbot will demonstrate Watercolor & Chrisanne Finefrock, Acrylic Painting: Julie carefully draws out her design using multiple photos for reference, then using various watercolor techniques to complete the painting; Chrisanne often depicts horses, or the Native American, in a soft acrylic style.
Free event and activities presented by Sedona Main Street Program and Red Rock Posse with support from event sponsors and participating businesses. For more information including an event program and parking map please visit www.sedonamainstreet.com. And if you are a guest of the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona don’t worry about finding parking in Uptown, we will drop you off in Uptown and pick you up in our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle!
• • • • •
Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona
Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle Service
Did you know that the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona offers a Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle Service? That’s right, if you are a guest of our Sedona hotel we’ll do the driving for you. We’ll take you anywhere within Sedona proper in our 12 passenger air conditioned van, then just call us and we’ll come back and pick you up! This free shuttle service is available to all of our guests from 8:00 am until last pick up at 9:45 pm.
- Don’t worry about finding a parking spot, especially in Uptown!
- Don’t worry about navigating after dark!
- Don’t worry about having a glass of wine with dinner!
- Don’t worry about a thing, you’re on vacation!