Slide Rock State Park Fall Festival
Enjoy the beginning of fall in beautiful Oak Creek Canyon at the Slide Rock State Park Fall Festival taking place on Saturday, October 21st, 2017! Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the park as well as the 60th anniversary of the Arizona State Parks and Trails system. From Blacksmith demonstrations to antique engines and tractors, from exhibits on Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot National Monuments to various kids’ activities including “Build a Scarecrow”, there will be something for everyone in your family to enjoy!
Slide Rock State Park is located in the heart of Oak Creek Canyon, seven miles north of Sedona on Highway 89A. Admission for the day will be $10 per vehicle. Bring a picnic for your family to enjoy while you are exploring, learning and having some good old fashion fun at the park.
Highlighted Festival Events
- William Weathersby is a popular guest at Fall Festival at Slide Rock State Park! He will demonstrate the homestead art of Blacksmithing. Come watch a true craftsman swing the hammer as the sound rings though the orchards.
- Bill Payne and Diane of Payne Gulch Honey will return for this years Fall Fest ! Bill will talk about bees, beekeeping, seasonal flowers in the state. Everyone enjoys learning more about the process and watching a demonstration of honey extraction.
- Educational booths about the endangered narrow-headed garter snake, Flagstaff Dark Sky Coalition, and Arizona Historical Society.
- Essential oil distilling demonstration with Phibee Aromatics.
- Exhibits on Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot National Monuments, the southwest monarch butterfly study, Arizona Flywheelers’ antique engines and tractors, Arizona Game and Fish, and Oak Creek Watershed Council.
- Meet Smokey the Bear from the U.S. Forest Service, Rocky Ringtail from Arizona State Parks and Trails, and animal friends from Alpacas of the Southwest.
- Various kids’ activities including Build a Scarecrow. Leave your scarecrow to decorate the festival or take it home for a donation of $10.
- Story teller and musician, Tony Norris will capture the spirit of Oak Creek Canyon in story and song.
This festival is extremely popular with locals and visitors, we highly suggest arriving to the park early. Your State Park entry fee will get you into this event. for more information please visit the Friends of Slide Rock State Park on Facebook. We hope to see your there!
• • • • •
All of us here at the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona are looking forward to the Fall season! Along with all the great events and festivals, the weather is close to picture perfect, the town is a buzz with activity, and our guests are out hiking and biking the red rocks!
Fall, in our opinion is also one of the best times to enjoy Out of Africa Park, the Verde Canyon Railroad and tours into the red rocks with Pink Jeep! With that in mind we wanted to highlight our most popular Sedona Vacation Packages, click here to save money at the Inn of Sedona!