Fall Colors Tour on the Verde Canyon Railroad
October – November 2016
The monsoon season has been active in the Verde Valley and Sedona which means the “Fall Colors Tour” on the Verde Canyon Railroad is spectacular this year! This Fall excursion into the Verde Canyon is absolutely one of our all time favorites! Passengers on the Verde Canyon Railroad are treated to a gentle ride through a high-walled canyon painted in an array of vibrant autumn hues that shimmer and change around every curve in the track.
“The peak of the fall colors in the Verde Canyon depends on temperature, sunlight, and rainfall amounts. Timing can vary each year and can never be predicted exactly, however, passengers can generally be assured of viewing brilliant colors October through Thanksgiving, with the colorful climax reaching its peak during early November. Reservations should be made early, as this is a very popular time.” – Verde Canyon Railroad
October and November bring crisp nights followed by warm sunny days beneath a sky achingly and endlessly blue. Be sure to keep a sharp eye peeled for wildlife. Sightings of deer, javelina, coyote and other species increase this time of year and migratory birds return to the sanctuary. You definitely do not want to forget your camera! The open air cars offers you a chance to get some great pictures!
For more information on the “Fall Colors Tour”, or to make your reservations, please visit the Verde Canyon Railroad website. If you are going to be staying with us at the Inn of Sedona this Fall and are interested in this tour, save some money and take advantage of our “Romancing the Rails” Vacation package.
Inn of Sedona “Romancing the Rails” Vacation Package
- 1 Night at the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona, with additional nights available at a great rate!
- Two Queen Beds on the Second Floor
- 20% off this Upgraded room with direct access to our Promenade Terraces
- Two First Class Tickets on the Verde Canyon Wilderness Train
- FREE full hot breakfast buffet
- Package is priced for two adults. Please call our concierge at 800.282.6344 to add children or extra adults.
- To book this package click here
- We strongly recommend reserving 2 nights to fully benefit from this package. Contact our Concierge for a great money saving rate for additional nights!
- Verde Canyon Railroad is closed on November 7th, 14th, and the 24th, 2016
- To learn more about our Sedona hotel please visit the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona.