41st Annual Fiesta del Tlaquepaque
September 13th, 2014
It’s the time of year when the plazas, patios and streets of Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village will be dressed in a festive wash of color, music, and dancing in the spirit of old Mexico. That’s right, the 41st Annual Fiesta del Tlaquepaque will be taking place on Saturday, September 13th!
Every year visitors and locals fill up the village to enjoy the lively mariachis, the heart-pounding rhythms and beats of Flamenco dancers, and the mouth-watering tastes of Mexico! Continuing a long tradition of fabulous food, music, dance and entertainment for young and old, this year’s Fiesta promises to be extraordinary! Arts and crafts exhibits will abound offering a glimpse into the traditional and present artistry of Mexico.
“The artists at the Fiesta are a great expression of the diversity, artistry and spirit of the community. Abe Miller, the visionary builder of Tlaquepaque, started this tradition more than 30 years ago and Fiesta attracts people from all over the state and country.” – Wendy Lippman, Tlaquepaque General Manager and Resident Partner
This is a family fun free event. The festivities take place from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you are a guest of our Sedona hotel we will be happy to drop you off and pick you up from this celebration in our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle. For more information on this free Sedona event please visit Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village.
- Mosaico Flamenco will perform in Patio Del Norte from 10:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Jaleo Band will perform in Patio Del Norte from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Ballet Folklorico de Colores will perform in Plaza De La Fuente at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm.
- Ritmo Latino will perform in Patio De Las Campanas from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Mariachi La Familia Rojas will roam the streets of Tlaquepaque from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and also from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- There will be free face painting and Balloon Twisting for children and adults in the Calle Independencia from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
• • • • •
Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona
Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle Service
Did you know that the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona offers a Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle Service? That’s right, if you are a guest of our Sedona hotel we’ll do the driving for you. We’ll take you anywhere within Sedona proper in our 12 passenger air conditioned van, then just call us and we’ll come back and pick you up! This free shuttle service is available to all of our guests from 8:00 am until last pick up at 9:45 pm.
- Don’t worry about finding a parking spot, especially in Uptown!
- Don’t worry about navigating after dark!
- Don’t worry about having a glass of wine with dinner!
- Don’t worry about a thing, you’re on vacation!