Sedona Hummingbird Festival
July 28th – July 30th, 2017
Hummingbirds will be taking over the beautiful red rocks of Sedona during the Sedona Hummingbird Festival taking place July 28th – July 30th, 2017! Aimed at residents and visitors alike, the purpose of the festival is to teach about hummingbirds and work to protect the endangered species. The Festival will be headquartered at the Sedona Performing Arts Center, located at 995 Upper Red Rock Loop Rd.
Attendees come to learn about all things hummingbird. At the Performing Arts Center, there will be three days of presentations by world hummingbird experts on a variety of topics (tickets required). Take the “Birds & Blooms” Hummingbird Garden Tours (ticketed event) watch and learn as individual birds are “banded” with unique identifying anklets for scientific research, and of course make sure to spend some time at the Hummingbird Marketplace (exhibitors and vendors area), held in the lobby of the Sedona Performing Arts Center (free).
If you are interested in attending this festival we highly suggest purchasing your tickets now. Events sell out quickly (see festival activities below) Children under 12 are FREE for presentations, garden tours, and banding demonstrations, when with a paying adult! For more information or to purchase tickets to this Sedona event please visit the Sedona Hummingbird Festival.
Take advantage our “Summer in Sedona” hotel special during this event and save up to $43 a night! If you are a guest of the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona we will be more than happy to drop you off and pick you up at the Sedona Performing Arts Center in our Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle.
- Presentations: 3 days of presentations by hummingbird experts from around the world in the modern, air-conditioned Sedona Performing Arts Center (SPAC).
- “Birds & Blooms” Hummingbird Garden Tours: Each ticket valid for two days, permitting scheduling garden visits and presentation plans so as not to miss anything! See what Birds & Blooms Magazine(Platinum level corporate sponsor) has to say about the festival – Go See Hummingbirds in Sedona!
- Gala Banquet Celebration: A delightful highlight of the 3-day event Saturday evening, with dinner and good times, including a special slide show entitled “My Favorite Hummingbird Images” by Dr. H. Ross Hawkins.
- Banding Demonstration: See tiny numbered band attached to a hummingbird’s leg so that its movements can be scientifically followed! 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Exhibits (free): The Hummingbird Marketplace (exhibitors and vendors area), held in the lobby of the Sedona Performing Arts Center, with easy access to shopping opportunities for “everything hummingbird.” No admission fee!
- Birding Trips: Birders will have the opportunity to visit different habitats, Page Springs Fish Hatchery and Oak Creeek Canyon, with others being considered; tickets are reasonably priced, but reservations are required because of extremely limited capacity. Trips are led by the Northern Arizona Audubon Society. We have expanded the number of trips and added a new site this year. Bring your binocs, but more importantly, buy your tickets at the opening bell on April 1, 2017, at 12:00 Noon MST because they are the most sought after tickets!.
• • • • •
Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
See why our guests love our hotel. Great views, beautiful setting, your red rock home away from home!