2nd Annual Illuminate Film Festival
The World’s Premier Film Festival for Conscious Cinema.
Mark you calender, and make your plans to visit Sedona, Arizona for the 2nd Annual Illuminate Film Festival taking place May 27th – 31st! Illuminate is the world’s premier film festival and launching platform for conscious cinema. Dedicated to spreading enlightened ideas and ushering humanity forward, Illuminate showcases the best of conscious cinema to uplift, inspire, and transform. World-class immersive, soul-centered workshops, panels, and excursions complement film screenings, featuring expert practitioners and thought-leaders in consciousness, wellness, raw and organic food, spiritual practice, and sustainable living.
This festival will bring to screens 22 inspirational, thought-provoking films beginning with the Arizona premiere of the award-winning Emma Thompson-produced feature “Sold”, based on Patricia McCormick’s best-selling novel, and closing with The Pilgrim: Paulo Coehlo’s Best Story, a dramatic biopic depicting the rise of renowned Brazilian author Paulo Coelho, whose 25-year old spiritual classic The Alchemist still remains on the New York Times bestseller list.
During five days of life-affirming cinematic works that encourage audiences to ponder existence more deeply than their daily routines, audiences will experience:
- The long-awaited Southwest premiere of the breathtaking animated feature Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet.
- The landmark film Landfill Harmonic, which was featured on 60 Minutes in 2013 and had its world premiere in March at SXSW 2015.
- Dying to Know, narrated by Robert Redford, about two conventional Harvard professors – Timothy Leary and Richard Albert .
- iGod, a probing exploration of higher power featuring spiritual trailblazers Neale Donald Walsh, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Alan Cohen and Barbara Marx Hubbard.
- The world premiere of Plant Pure Nation, from the team who made food revolution blockbuster Forks Over Knives.
- The world premiere of four films including On Meditation 2, a fascinating portrait series offering a rare glimpse into how meditation has transformed the personal and professional lives of notable figures such as hip hop mogul Russell Simmons, author Sharon Salzberg, and NBC Today Show expert Gabrielle Bernstein.
The full schedule of film screenings begins on Thursday, May 28th. A complete schedule of films, locations and times will be available mid-April at www.illuminatefilmfestival.com. Films will be screened at the Mary D. Fisher Theater, 2030 Highway 89A and the Sedona Performing Arts Center, 995 Upper Red Rock Loop Road. Private filmmaker and industry events will take place at the Lodge at Sedona, 125 Kallof Place. For more information or to purchase passes for this Sedona event please visit www.illuminatefilmfestival.com.
May is a very popular month to visit Sedona, hotels and tours book up fast. We highly suggest making your reservations as soon as possible. If you would like to stay at the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona during this event please make your reservations soon. If you are a guests of our hotel during this event take advantage of our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle, we will be more than happy to drop you off at the Mary D. Fisher Theatre and the Sedona Performing Arts Center.
• • • • •
Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona
Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle Service
Did you know that the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona offers a Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle Service? That’s right, if you are a guest of our Sedona hotel we’ll do the driving for you. We’ll take you anywhere within Sedona proper in our 12 passenger air conditioned van, then just call us and we’ll come back and pick you up! This free shuttle service is available to all of our guests from 8:00 am until last pick up at 9:45 pm.
- Don’t worry about finding a parking spot, especially in Uptown!
- Don’t worry about navigating after dark!
- Don’t worry about having a glass of wine with dinner!
- Don’t worry about a thing, you’re on vacation!