Sound Bites Grill
Motown, R&B and Soul with the “Street Life” Band featuring Lucius Parr
July 18th, 2015 at 7:00 pm
There is more to Sedona than hiking, amazing views, majestic red rocks, beautiful skies and talented artists. Sedona also offers some great entertainment! If you are going to be visiting the red rocks this coming weekend and love the sounds of Motown, R&B and Soul you will not want to miss Phoenix based Blues Guitarist Lucius Parr and his brother Lamar Parr performing with the Street Life Band in Sedona, Saturday night, July 18th at Sound Bites Grill.
Long time guitarist, writer and producer, Lucius Parr has opened shows for BB King, Buddy Guy, Lowell Fulson, and Mary Wells. He has performed with Johnny Copeland, Betty Swan, and with his cousin “Master of the telecaster-Albert Collins”. His latest on stage performance was with a long time favorite, Charlie Daniels.
Lucius Parr is the cousin of the late Albert Collins and grew up in Yoakum, Texas, influenced by the music of Collins and BB King, among others. These influences can be heard in his unique style of playing. Lucius has performed in bands in the Phoenix area for 30 years, and has recorded five albums of blues, with his most recent CD that was released in February 2012. Lately we are seeing a funkier R & B side of Lucius. The “Street Life” Band performs many styles of music with intensity and professionalism second to none. Lucius arranges all of the music for the band.
Sound Bites Grill is located at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe Shops in Uptown Sedona. The restaurant and entertainment venue serves dinner until 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday Nights. The cover charge is $8 for the evening and the full dinner menu is available. For more information about Sound Bites Grill and their weekly music line up, go to www.soundbitesgrill.com or call 928.282.2713.
• • • • •
2015 “Summer in Sedona” Hotel Special
- Stay between July 6th and August 27th and save $20 to $35 per night. (Savings vary by room type and date of stay. All room types included, based on availability)
- Must make reservations by phone directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072 or 800.292.6344.
- Use Promo code “Summer in Sedona” to receive your special rate!
- Make sure to enjoy all the benefits of staying at our Sedona hotel! We offer our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle and a free full hot breakfast to get your day started off on the right foot!
- Tesla Charger and EV-60 evCharger now available for our guests! (Complimentary for our Inn of Sedona Guest only, a fee will apply if you are not a guest of the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona).
- Learn More about the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona