Museum of Northern Arizona
68th Annual Navajo Festival of Arts & Culture
August 5th – 6th, 2017
Spend your weekend in the cool pines and immerse yourself in the artistry and cultural traditions of more than 80 award-winning Navajo artists at the 68th Annual Navajo Festival of Arts and Culture taking place at the Museum of Northern Arizona. Buy traditional and contemporary art and enjoy artist demonstrations, authentic food, insightful heritage programs, and a variety of Navajo performances.
The museum is located in Flagstaff only 48 minutes from Sedona, AZ! If you would like to stay at the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona during this event, take advantage of our “Summer in Sedona” lodging special and make your reservations soon. Rooms are filling up fast!
- 10:00 am Pollen Trail Dancers
These talented troupe performs authentic dances traditionally featured at powwows.
- 11:30 am Sweethearts of Navajo
The Sweethearts of Navajoland have been creating music inspired by their love of Navajo culture for over 33 years.
- 1:00 pm Jones Benally Family
Guided by world-champion hoop dancer and Arizona Living Legend Jones Benally, this family has entertained audiences worldwide with a repertoire of over two dozen Navajo and Inter-Tribal dances.
- 2:30 pm Blackkiss
Blackkiss was founded by Pete Sands, who grew up listening to Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, and Willie Nelson while also learning the music of his culture.
- 3:30 pm Pollen Trail Dancers
Heritage Insights Lecture Series
This Heritage Festival takes place August 5th and 6th, 2017 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm). Admission for this event: $12 adult, $8 student (w/ ID), American Indian (10+), youth (10-17), children under 10 free. Weekend Pass: $18 adult, $12 youth/student/American Indian. For more information on the Navajo Festival of Arts & Culture please visit the Museum of Northern Arizona.
Directions from the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona to the Museum of Northern Arizona
• • • • •
2017 “Summer in Sedona” Hotel Special
- Stay between June 5th and August 27th and save $22 to $43 per night. (July 1st through July 4th not included. Savings vary by room type and date of stay. All room types included, based on availability. Not combinable with other offers or discounts.)
- Must make reservations by phone directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072
- Use Promo code “Summer in Sedona” to receive your special rate!
- Make sure to enjoy all the benefits of staying at our Sedona hotel! We offer our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle and a free full hot breakfast to get your day started off on the right foot!
- Learn More about the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona