Guided Archaeology Hike at Red Rock State Park
November 20th, 2016
If you are going to be visiting Sedona, Arizona this coming Sunday, November 20th, and are interested in learning more about the Archaeology of Sedona and love to hike, you will not want to miss the Guided Archaeology Hike being offered at Red Rock State Park!
Guided Archaeology Hike
November 20th, 2016 (1:00 pm)
This hike is included with park entrance fees
Red Rock State Park has been a destination for Native Americans for several millennia. Most of the ancient features found in the park are from the Sinagua culture dating about 1100 to 1425 AD. Come and hear the fascinating story of the pre-Columbian people who lived and traveled in the park! The hike will identify the various archaeological features and interpret them into the wider context of important regional Sinagua sites. And we will explore ideas of other cultures that may likely have made use of the park’s resources. The hike will last about two hours, with an elevation gain of some 250 feet, along easy trails. Please bring water and wear suitable footwear.For more information please visit Red Rock State Park.
• • • • •
2016 “Winter Wonderful” hotel special at the Inn of Sedona
- This special rate is only available for the month of December 2016. Excluding December 23rd – 31st.
- Save $20 to $40 per night
- Our complimentary “About Town” Shuttle will get you to most of the Sedona holiday happenings!
- Our Concierge will be happy to assist you with holiday dining reservations or tours.
- Must make reservations by phone directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072 or 800.292.6344.
- Tesla Charger and EV-60 evCharger now available for our guests! (Complimentary for our Inn of Sedona Guest only, a fee will apply if you are not a guest of the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona).
- FREE full hot breakfast buffet
- Warm cider available in the lobby to ward off winter chill
- Make your reservations now, like snow in Sedona, this offer won’t last long!
- For more information on our Sedona hotel please visit the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona!