Slide Rock State Park Fall Festival
“Homecoming at the Homestead”
October 4th, 2014
Fall is creeping into the red rocks of Sedona bringing cool crisp air, beautiful blue skies and of course the Annual Fall Festival at Slide Rock State Park. “Homecoming at the Homestead” is the theme for this year’s festival taking place on October the 4th, 2014. From watching the original apple sorting machine in action to informative and entertaining talks, from special kids activities to live music, there is something to enjoy for everyone in your family. Oh yeah, and you don’t want to miss the annual bake sale and raffle! I am sure you can find a tasty goody or two!
You are welcome to arrive at the park early and bring a picnic for your family to enjoy while you are exploring, learning and having some good old fashion fun at the park. Due to the late frost last April there is no apple crop, but what the park is lacking in apples this year it makes up for in fun!
Highlighted Festival Events
- Arizonan guitarist singer songwriter, Jack Wilden will be playing in the Apple shed over lunch and again in the afternoon during the Festival.
- Bring your binoculars and head up for a close up look at the birds of Slide Rock State Park. Dena Greenwood will give a talk titled ‘Birds of Slide Rock State Park- “How I 1st fell in love with birding” from 9:30 am – 10:00 am and lead a bird-walk from 10:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Patty West will lead a wild plant walk at 10:30 am. Meet Patty at the shed for a fun and informative walk in the park to explore the wild side of Slide Rock State Park.
- Slide Rock State Parks’ homestead history comes alive with the park’s own, Kathy Pendley Shaw who will present a talk and demonstrate the original apple sorting machine.
- Story teller and musician, Tony Norris will capture the spirit of Oak Creek Canyon in story and song.
This festival is extremely popular with locals and visitors, we highly suggest arriving to the park early. Your State Park entry fee will get you into this event. for more information please visit the Friends of Slide Rock State Park on Facebook. We hope to see your there!
• • • • •
All of us here at the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona are looking forward to the Fall season! Along with all the great events and festivals, the weather is close to picture perfect, the town is a buzz with activity, and our guests are out hiking and biking the red rocks!
Fall, in our opinion is also one of the best times to enjoy Out of Africa Park, the Verde Canyon Railroad and tours with Pink Jeep and Arizona ATV Adventures. With that in mind we wanted to highlight our most popular Fall Sedona Vacation Packages, click here to save money at the Inn of Sedona!