Illuminate Film Festival
June 1st – 5th, 2016
Now is the time to start planning your trip to Sedona, AZ to attend the Illuminate Film Festival taking place the first week of June. Illuminate is the world’s premier film festival and launching platform for conscious cinema. Dedicated to spreading enlightened ideas and ushering humanity forward, Illuminate showcases the best of conscious cinema to uplift, inspire, and transform.The Festival features 22 Conscious Films, World Premieres, Experiential & Educational Programming and more!
The Illuminate launch party takes place on June 1st at The Collective Sedona (formerly Tequa Plaza in the VOC), the launch party is free and open to the community. All-access passes for the festival can be purchased online for $444, Convergence Passes to all panels, conversations, three film screenings and admission to parties and receptions Friday through Sunday are $249, and Individual tickets ranging from $11-$40 will be sold based on availability. To purchase passes please visit www.illuminatefilmfestival.com. If you are planning to stay at the Best Western Plus inn of Sedona during the festival call our hotel directly at 928.282.3072 and let the agent know you are attending the festival to receive a 15% discount on your entire stay at our hotel during the event.
More About the Illuminate Film Festival
Building on the momentum that propelled the Illuminate Film Festival into the Huffington Post’s prestigious Top 24 Film Festivals to Revitalize Your Soul in 2016, the third annual 22-film mind-body-spirit festival, June 1-5 in Sedona, will feature at least five world premieres, two sneak peeks and newly added focuses on family film, episodic television and web content, and a line-up of films under the theme, Social Issues, Conscious Solutions.
“In just three short years, we’re proud to have become an industry leader in the conscious cinema movement,” said Illuminate Film Festival Executive Director Danette Wolpert. “After all, the power of story is arguably the single-most affecting tool we have at our fingertips to shape the human experience. Filmmakers, now on the frontier of a global conscious shift, are speaking with their cameras, and Illuminate provides these brilliant visionary filmmakers of our time a vehicle to enlighten our world.”
Following the launch of five world and five U.S. or Southwest premieres in 2015 and appearances by more than 40 of the nation’s top veteran filmmakers, producers, actors, distributors, writers and strategists, the 2016 Illuminate Film Festival will feature the Festival world premieres of:
- Mantra – Sounds Into Silence, about the revolution underway in world Kirtan, yoga’s call-and-response form of devotional music. Sneak peek clips of the film will be followed by a Q&A and live concert with world-renowned Kirtan artist Jai Uttal.
- Tree Story, a series of mini-documentaries dedicated to our relationship with humanity’s oldest living companions.
- Planting Seeds of Mindfulness, an animated mixed-media family film narrative starring Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh and featuring music by Tina Turner.
- The Connected Universe, the first film selected for the new on-demand partnership between Indiegogo and Vimeo, revealing Nassim Haramein’s new vision of the science behind the interconnection of all things in the universe, and
- Love Sweat and Tears, a new documentary on menopause and women’s health featuring Joan Rivers in one of her final appearances, Jenny McCarthy and Michael Beckwith.
“We’re adding three new festival sections this year to meet growing demand – one for families interested in imparting mindful wisdom to their children; a second reflecting the exciting expansion of conscious content into serialized television and episodic web series; and a third that explores the rich and untapped intersection of humanitarian or social issues and modalities offering conscious solutions,” said Illuminate Film Festival Managing Director Morgan Richmond. One increasingly pressing social issue, the well-being of our veterans, will be brought to light in Thank You For Your Service, a gripping documentary about four Iraq War veterans struggling with PTSD who explore the healing aspects of meditation, native ceremony and equine therapy.
For more information, and to purchase tickets, visit www.illuminatefilmfestival.com.