This Weekend in Sedona, Arizona
Events, Live Entertainment and Fun Things to do
August 26th – 28th, 2016
To all our weekend guests and visitors; welcome to the red rocks of Sedona, AZ! You have picked a great weekend to visit the red rocks. There are a lot of events, activities and entertainment to choose from this weekend: Sedona Bike and Brew, Sedona Street Arts Festival, Star Party at Red Rock State Park, Red Rock Music Festival and more! To top if off, the forecast is looking pretty good with highs in the low 80’s and a slight chance of monsoon activity in the afternoons. Have a great weekend and enjoy your stay at the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona!
Featured Event and Entertainment
Sedona Bike and Brew
August 26th – 27th, 2016
Registration $75 and up, Free for Spectators
This 3rd year event is believed to be the first of its kind, a Mountain Bike Race that is hosted on a Golf Course. The 2016 event will kick off Friday August 26th with rider registration and then a leisurely group ride so that the racers can see the track for the first time. The 6-mile track will take the riders over all 18 holes, 400 feet of elevation change, 90 acres of fairways, tee boxes, cart paths, natural and man-made features. Afterwards, riders can voluntarily participate in a short track race near the Clubhouse while spectators cheer them on. Additionally, the Juniper Bar & Grille, (Sedona Golf Resort’s restaurant) will be hosting dinner along with music and of course Cold Beer. For more information or to register for this Sedona event please visit www.sedonagolfresort.com/race.
• • • • •
Sedona Entertainment: Carly and The Universe
August 26th, 2016 (7:00 pm – 10:00 pm)
Cover Charge $10
Join Sound Bites Grill in welcoming Carly and The Universe an Indie Pop Band “On Tour” from Los Angeles, CA. This hot little soul-pop outfit has just hit the Los Angeles scene. They’ve got just the right amount of that classic soul, and a perfect splash of that special something new, to get those feet moving from here til kingdom come. For more information please visit Sound Bites Grill.
• • • • •
• • • • •
Sedona Street Arts Festival
August 27th, 2016 (1:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
The Sedona Street Arts Festival is a new festival celebrating and showcasing street arts.
The third in their summer series will again bring you:music,art, hip-hop dance, skateboarding, and
poetry. This free inter-generational event suitable for the whole family. Some of those you will meet there
- Music: Ben Steezy of Gone Green Records and DJ Craig Eagle, Sierra Bliss & Jay Thompson of Cat & Mouse, Sara Mireille, Tony Vega and Alo Moniz.
- Artists: Eric Moorcroft, Donna Bonavito and add your work to a series of skateboard-themed panels.
Live Performance Arts: hip-hop dancers the Sacred G’s.
- Oncore Skate & Snow: Best Trick Contests at the Posse Grounds Skate Park from 2-6 p.m. during the festival. The skateboard competition is open to everyone, so bring your board!
- Food and Drink: Tamaliza, Chocolatree, and Java Love Cafe Coffee Roasters
This event will be taking place Sedona Posse Grounds Hub, for more information please visit www.sedonahub.org
• • • • •
Red Rock State Park
STAR Party with Verde Valley Astronomers
August 27th, 2016 (7:30 pm)
$5 Reservation Fee
Come out and enjoy the night skies at Red Rock State Park with the Astronomers of Verde Valley. The STAR Party begins with an introductory presentation on the celestial happenings in the late summer skies. The Summer Milky Way rides high in the sky with its plethora of clusters, globulars, nebulae and stellar clouds. Planetary nebulae (exploded stars) dot the sky thru the stream of stars in the Milky Way. Constellations like Cygnus the Swan, Sagittarius the Archer and Scorpius the Scorpion will join the smaller constellations of Delphinus the Dolphin, Sagitta the Arrow, Vulpecula the Fox and Lyra the Harp. The Red Planet, Mars, will be at the edge of Scorpius as Saturn rides above in the 13th Zodiacal constellation of Ophiuchus. A $5 non-refundable reservation fee is required, please call 928.282.6907 to make reservations, for more information on this Sedona event please visit Red Rock State Park.
• • • • •
Sedona Entertainment – Elvis Presley Tribute Show
August 27th, 20116 (7:00 pm)
Tickets start at $25, Reservations Required
If you are a Elvis fan you will not want to miss Chance Tinder and Kentucky Rain at Sound Bites Grill for their Elvis Presley Tribute Show! Chance is more than your everyday Elvis Tribute Artist. He’s an accomplished actor, recreating a legendary character. Chance’s secret is believing that it’s not always the voice, that plays the most important part, but it’s knowing exactly how to become the man himself on that stage!For more information or to purchase tickets to this Sedona event please visit Sound Bites Grill.
• • • • •
Red Rock Music Festival: Sedona Concerts
August 27th, September 3rd – 4th, 2016
General Admission is $28 per person, per concert
Festival Special- $75 Buy all three concerts and Save!
The Red Rocks Music Festival educates, engages and challenges audiences through a unique collaboration of musicians from leading Arizona performing arts organizations and world-acclaimed artists. An integral part of the Festival’s mission is education. Sedona Concerts will take place at the Sedona Creative Life Center, 333 Schnebly Hill Rd in Sedona. See Concert Schedule below, for more information or to purchase tickets to this Sedona event please visit www.redrocksmusicfestival.com
- August 27th (7:30 pm) – Music From Five Centuries with Elmira Darvarova – violin and Howard Wall – french-horn. A US premiere by Stephen Brown, four Arizona premieres, Bach, Mozart & more
- September 3rd (7:30 pm) – Romantic Journey, Shmuel Ashkenasi, David Ehrlich – violins, Katharina Kang – viola, Thomas Landschoot – cello and Teresa Ehrlich – piano, performing four romantic pieces, Op. 75 by A. Dvorák and Piano Quintet, Op. 1 in C minor by E.V. Dohnányi. An Arizona premiere, Sonoran Storm, for solo viola by Nokuthula Ngwenyama, performed by the composer.
- September 4th (3:00 pm) – Dvorák’s Masterworks. String Quintet No. 3 in E flat Major, Op. 97 and Piano Quintet No. 2 in A Major, Op. 81. David Ehrlich, Katherine McLin – violins, Nokuthula Ngwenyama, Katharina Kang – violas, Jan Simiz – cello and Teresa Ehrlich – piano.
• • • • •
Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
See why our guests love our hotel. Great views, beautiful setting, your red rock home away from home!