Sedona Hummingbird Festival
“The Most Beautiful Place In America to See Hummingbirds.”
July 31st – August 2nd, 2015
Hummingbirds will be taking over the beautiful red rocks of Sedona during the 4th Annual Sedona Hummingbird Festival taking place July 31st – August 2nd, 2015! Aimed at residents and visitors alike, the purpose of the festival is to teach about hummingbirds and work to protect the endangered species. The Festival, headquartered at the Sedona Performing Arts Center, is sponsored by the International Hummingbird Society, a Sedona-based nonprofit education and conservation organization formed in 1996.
Attendees come to learn about all things hummingbird. At the Performing Arts Center, there will be three days of presentations by world hummingbird experts on a variety of topics (tickets required). Experience hummingbirds first hand, by visiting several identified “hummingbird hotspots” with large numbers of hummers (free), take the “Birds & Blooms” Hummingbird Garden Tours (ticketed event) watch and learn as individual birds are “banded” with unique identifying anklets for scientific research (free), and of course make sure to spend some time at the Hummingbird Marketplace (exhibitors and vendors area), held in the lobby of the Sedona Performing Arts Center (free). Also, to help celebrate the 2015 Sedona Hummingbird Festival, the Hummingbird Society, Goldenstein Gallery and Sedona Arts Center are collaborating to present an art exhibition devoted to hummingbirds!
If you are interested in attending this festival we highly suggest purchasing your tickets now. Some events are already sold out (see festival activities below) Children under 12 are FREE for presentations, garden tours, and banding demonstrations, when with a paying adult! For more information or to purchase tickets to this Sedona event please visit the Sedona Hummingbird Festival. If you are a guest of the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona we will be more than happy to drop you off and pick you up at the Sedona Performing Arts Center in our Complimentary “About Town” Sedona Shuttle.
- “Birds & Blooms” Hummingbird Garden Tours: Each ticket valid for two days, permitting scheduling garden visits and presentation plans so as not to miss anything! (Always a sellout; in 2015, increasing capacity from 300 tickets to 450 tickets). See what Birds & Blooms Magazine(Platinum level corporate sponsor) has to say about the festival – Go See Hummingbirds in Sedona!
- Sunrise Breakfasts: Several “hotspots” with huge numbers of hummingbirds suitable for breakfasts. SOLD OUT for 2015
- Gala Banquet Celebration: A delightful highlight of the 3-day event, with dinner and good times.
- Banding (free): One banding hotspot for all three days! 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Exhibits (free): The Hummingbird Marketplace (exhibitors and vendors area), held in the lobby of the Sedona Performing Arts Center, with easy access to shopping opportunities for “everything hummingbird.” As before, no admission fee!
- Art Exhibit (free)
To help celebrate the 2015 Sedona Hummingbird Festival, the Hummingbird Society, Goldenstein Gallery and Sedona Arts Center are collaborating to present an art exhibition devoted to hummingbirds. The exhibition will be presented at two different locations: The Goldenstein Gallery (voted Sedona’s favorite art gallery the last ten years! 70 Dry Creek Road, about 1 mile from the S.P.A.C.), and The Sedona Arts Center (15 Art Barn Road, in uptown Sedona), in their Special Exhibition Gallery. In addition, many artists will be exhibiting in the Hummingbird Marketplace at the Festival.
- Birding Trips: Birders will have the opportunity to visit one of two different habitats, Page Springs Fish Hatchery and Oak Creek Canyon; tickets $10, but reservations required because of limited capacity. Trips are led by the Northern Arizona Audubon Society. SOLD OUT for 2015
• • • • •
2015 “Summer in Sedona” Hotel Special
- Stay between July 6th and August 27th and save $20 to $35 per night. (Savings vary by room type and date of stay. All room types included, based on availability)
- Must make reservations by phone directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072 or 800.292.6344.
- Use Promo code “Summer in Sedona” to receive your special rate!
- Make sure to enjoy all the benefits of staying at our Sedona hotel! We offer our Complimentary “About Town” Shuttle and a free full hot breakfast to get your day started off on the right foot!
- Tesla Charger and EV-60 evCharger now available for our guests! (Complimentary for our Inn of Sedona Guest only, a fee will apply if you are not a guest of the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona).
- Learn More about the Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona