Slide Rock State Park
The perfect spot to cool of n the Red Rocks!
When you are looking for a day of family fun and a break from the Arizona heat, Slide Rock State Park in Sedona, Arizona is the place for you! Slide Rock State Park, originally the Pendley Homestead, is a 43-acre historic apple farm located in the beautiful Oak Creek Canyon. Visitors to the park can slide down a slick natural water chute or wade and sun along the creek. They also have fifteen open air picnic tables, making it a perfect spot for a summer family fun day! It is important to remeber that your picnic should be packed with the knowledge that propane grilles, charcoal and wood fires are prohibited at all times, so cold cuts and salad would be a great way to go.
Here is a rare look at Slide Rock without a soul in sight by Mike’s Road Trip.
Take a tour of the famous Slide Rock State Park in Oak Creek Canyon – Sedona, Arizona.
You can see pictures and get more information by visiting: Mike’s Road Trip.
Slide Rock State Park also offers hiking trails. These are short trails that include a nature trail. Our favorite trail happens to be the Pendely Homestead Trail an esay 0.25 mile paved trail. This trail will take you through part of the historic Pendley Homestead and features some of the original apple orchards, Pendley Homestead house, tourist cabins, apple packing barn, various farming implements that were used historically in the homestead, a new orchard of semi-dwarf apple trees, and spectacular views of the canyon walls of Oak Creek Canyon. To learn more about the trails and park please visit Slide Rock State Park.
Admission for summer season is $20.00 per vehicle. Entry into the park will not be permitted one hour prior to closing.
Hours of Operation
- May 1 – May 24, 2012 (Friday before Memorial Day): 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- May 25 – September 3: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- September 4 – September 30: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- October 1 – April 30: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Before visiting the park please review these Park Rules.
- During summer months Slide Rock experiences extremely high visitation. The parking lot will typically fill up from late morning through early afternoon. A long wait to enter the park may occur, especially on weekends and holidays. When the park reaches capacity a Parking Lot Full sign will be posted at the park’s point of entry. During times of high visitation access to the park is only available from the southbound turn lane. If and when the southbound turn lane fills and begins to encroach the highway, access to the park will be temporarily unavailable.
- Pets must be kept on a leash & attended to at all times and Pets are not permitted in the Slide Rock swim area and can not to be left in a vehicle.
- Include sun screen, sunglasses, water(no glass containers permitted), protein snack and a first aid kit in your backpack.
- Anytime you go off hiking in the Red Rocks it is important to let other know where you are going.