The Nutcracker in Sedona, Arizona
December 2nd – 3rd, 2017
The Nutcracker is one of the most famous ballets the world has even known, and a treasured holiday tradition for many families, including my own. As a little girl the “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” was my all time favorite, to this day I can still hear Tchaikovsky’s score playing in my head any day during the holiday season. Of course my brothers being brothers preferred the Entrance of the Mouse King. For as long as I can remember, The Nutcracker has been my favorite part of Christmas, and hopefully will become one of yours if it is not already!
If you are going to be in Sedona, Arizona the first weekend of December, you will have a chance to treat your family to The Nutcracker and create a memory for your children that will last a lifetime. The Phoenix Ballet and Artistic Director Slawomir Wozniak present The Nutcracker at The Sedona Performing Arts Center on December the 2nd and 3rd, 2017! Slawomir Wozniak has breathed new life into the Nutcracker choreography, and is excited to share this masterpiece that exudes the most beautiful and perfect choreography. The great thing about The Nutcracker is that it transcends generations.
The magical story of The Nutcracker follows Clara and her Prince as they share the story of a magical gift, a suspenseful battle between soldiers and mice, and take us to the enchanted Land of Sweets. Dozens of students from Sedona will join Company members on-stage, dressed in intricately designed costumes and surrounded by larger than life sets, creating a magnificent sensory feast.
Winifred Muench, Chair, Sedona Chamber Ballet says, “Do not miss the opportunity to see the award winning and nationally renowned dancers perform this timeless classic. A professional production not to be missed.”
There are two performances scheduled for Saturday, one at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm and on Sunday catch the matinee performance at 2:00 pm! Tickets: Gold $30 for an adult, $18 for a child, Platinum $45 for an adult, $25 for a child.For more information or to purchase tickets to this Sedona event please visit www.sedonachamberballet.org.
• • • • •
2017 – 2018 “Winter Wonderful” hotel special at the Inn of Sedona
- This special rate is only available for reservations made for December 1st through December 21st, 2017 and January 5th through 25th, 2018.
- Save $20 to $40 per night.
- Reservations must be made by phone, directly with the hotel – 928.282.3072 or 800.292.6344 and ask for the ‘Winter Wonderful’ rate.
- Our full hot breakfast buffet and our About Town Shuttle are included.
- Warm cider will be available in the lobby to ward off any winter chill.
- Make your reservations now, like snow in Sedona, this offer won’t last long!
- For more information on our Sedona hotel please visit the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona!